This amazing apple tart is the perfect combination with flavors of crisp apples and nutty Gruyère cheese work perfectly together for a last-minute dessert or appetizer, that will become your family’s favorite recipe for years to come.
Gruyere Apple Tart
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- ½ a tsp of salt
- ¾ cup of butter, cut into pieces
- 1 Tbsp of vinegar
- Approx ½ cup of milk
- 2 cups of apples, grated on a rosti grater
- 2 cups of Gruyere AOP, grated on a rosti grater
- Pepper from a mill
- A little nutmeg
- 1 ¼ cup of half cream
- 3 tbsp of breadcrumbs
- Cut butter into the flour and salt with hands or fork
- Once combined and feels like cornmeal add the milk and vinegar.
- Cover with plastic and let chill for 30 minutes.
- After chilled, roll it out to fit your tart shell.
- Mix cheese, apples, nutmeg, and pepper together and fill the tart dough.
- Pour cream over the mix and sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.