If you are unfamiliar with a raclette omelet is a traditional and extremely popular dish that hails from Savoy, a region in the Swiss Alps that is shared among the modern countries of France, Italy, and Switzerland.
A Raclette Appetizer consists of boiled potatoes covered in melted cheese, with cured meat and pickles on the side. A Raclette omelet can be made in addition to an appetizer as well.
The cheese itself, now called raclette in French, gets its name from how it was prepared in the old days when a large wheel of cheese was held in front of a fire until it started to melt and was then scraped off with a scraper called a racle.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 2 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 6 tbs of milk
- 1 tsp of salt
- Cooking butter
- 1-2 onions cut into thin strips
- 1-2 pairs of Wienerli sausages, finely sliced
- ½ cup of frozen peas defrosted
- ¾ cup of diced raclette cheese
- Pepper from a mill
- Combine eggs, milk and salt.
- Heat butter in frying pan, I use a non-stick pan.
- Saute onion and sausage.
- Add peas and egg mixture.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add a layer of cheese and the cheese will start to melt.
- Fold and repeat.
- Hold them warm in the oven at 170 degrees.