Gruyere Stuffed Ravioli
- ½ cup of finely diced Salsiz sausage
- ¼ cup of half fat quark*
- 1 cup of grated Gruyere AOC
- ½ a tsp of salt
- A little pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Make a well in the four and crack the eggs in the middle of the well.
- With a fork mix in the eggs.
- Add water and oil.
- The mixture will look very lumpy.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and a little sticky ( 8-10 minutes.)
- Roll our and cut into squares
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Depending on the size of your ravioli, you want to put the filling in the middle of the square.
- Lightly brush the side of the square with water.
- Place another square of dough atop the filling and connect it with the other side of dough.
- Take a fork and make impressions or designs on your dough. d
*Quark is rarely found in the US, so you can substitute sour cream or cream cheese.