A unique flavor that will leave you wanting more…
A traditional dish that is made during a vintage festival in September.
Prep time 40 minutes | Cook time 20 minutes | Total time 1 hour
1 cup of cooked sauerkraut
- 1 boiled potato, peeled and diced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 chicken breast
- 12 rashers bacon
- ½ cup of white wine
- 1 cup of double cream
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the sauerkraut, potato, and shallot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once mixed, take the chicken breast and cut in half.
- Stuff the potato mixture in the chicken and wrap with bacon.
- Saute in a pan until the bacon is browned.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the chicken add the wine to the same pan you cooked the bacon wrapped chicken.
- Let the wine reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cream.
- Let simmer and thicken for ten minutes.
- Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with sauce and garnish with parsley.