Enjoy these Cooked Pears with delightful and have such a sweet taste, and perfect for the holidays.
Cooked Pears with Whipped Cream
- Serves 6
- Traditional Dessert from Zurich
- Prep Time 30 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 40 minutes
- 6 firm bartlett pears
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups of cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Peel the pears, remove the cores and stems.
- Cut in halves or quarters.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Saute the pears in the butter, until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan.
- Heat to simmer, but don’t boil.
- Serve hot.
It can be served with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream
Adapted from the Swiss Cookbook.
Latest posts by Chelsea Escobar (see all)
- A Savory Raclette Omelet from the Savoy Region - March 29, 2018
- Rose - March 27, 2018
- A Swiss Raclette Appetizer for Your Next Party - March 22, 2018