- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g mushrooms, cut into thin slices
- 4 calf medallions ( each ca 1 to 1.5 cm thick)
- 1 slice of front ham, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 slices of Appenzeller cheese
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs ( parsley, thyme, basil)
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50 g bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. Pepper
- Take 1 tbsp. Olive oil in a pan and saute the mushrooms.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cut each medallion with a slit horizontally.
- Stuff a slice of cheese, a spoonful of mushrooms, and ham into the medallion.
- In a bowl combine flour, herbs, and salt and pepper.
- Proceed by dipping the medallion into the flour/herb mixture.
- Then into the beaten egg.
- Add the breadcrumbs.
- Use the remaining olive oil ( 2 tbs) in the same pan and fry the medallions.
- Serve hot!
You can refrigerate for a day, if you want to make them beforehand, just pause after the breading process.