This is the last recipe for Gruyere, but you will love this unique flavor it gives the risotto in this sweet potato risotto recipe.
Sweet Potato Risotto
- 1 ½ cup Gruyere cheese
- 2 sweet potatoes (cubed)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 cups arborio rice
- Approximately 5 cups hot vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tbsp. Dried cranberries
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp of oil in a pan with sweet potatoes, saute until golden brown.
- Set potatoes aside, in the same pan, use the remaining oil and saute onions and garlic.
- Add arborio rice, stir until rice is coated with oil.
- Add stock in three stages, each time you add water, let liquid reduce by half of and then add more, repeat.
- Mix sweet potatoes, spinach, cranberries, and rosemary together.
- Add potato mixture to rice.
- Add cheese
- Add salt and pepper as desired for taste.
Latest posts by Chelsea Escobar (see all)
- A Savory Raclette Omelet from the Savoy Region - March 29, 2018
- Rose - March 27, 2018
- A Swiss Raclette Appetizer for Your Next Party - March 22, 2018