These amazing cheese muffins are made with Emmentaler cheese from Switzerland. Easy to make and enjoyable for the whole family for a quick breakfast. Enjoy this savory recipe
- 12 rashers of uncooked bacon
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil or oil from the tomatoes
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup of grated Emmentaler AOP
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with bacon.
- Mix all wet ingredients together (buttermilk, oil, egg, tomatoes)
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Make a well with the flour and add in the wet ingredients.
- Mix in cheese.
- Fill lined muffin tins and make sure the bacon is wrapped around dough.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Latest posts by Alpenwild (see all)
- Swiss Tradition from the Alps to the Sierras - December 8, 2022
- Felchin Chocolate: The Best Chocolate in The World - April 2, 2019
- Gnocchi with Nettles - February 26, 2019