Unsure what to make for your side dish for dinner or want to impress your friends with an appetizer you need to bring for a party? Look no further online for a delicious side, Mozzarella stuffed tomatoes are the solution to your dinner heartaches.
These can be served warm or cold!
- 1 ¼ cup of water
- 1 ¼ cup of diced, salted butter
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup freshly grated, spicy Emmentaler cheese
- 1 tsp of mustard powder
- 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- Approx 30 of drained, mozzarella pearls
- 35-40 small basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter.
- Bring water and butter to a boil.
- Add flour and stir constantly, until you have a light film of dough on the bottom of the pot.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Add the remaining dough ingredients.
- Place dough in a pastry bag and pipe.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until brown.
- Slice tomatoes in half and gut the seeds.
- Fill with mozzarella and garnish with basil.
- Place atop the mozzarella one of the cooked pastry puffs.