Learn more about how to make this beautiful and delicious Violet mousse with strawberry gel.
Violet Mousse with Strawberry Gel
- Violet( flavor or flower)
- 1 ½ cup of cream
- 6 oz. white chocolate (¾ cup)
- Food coloring
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. Gelatin.
- Heat sugar, water and strawberries until soft.
- Activate gelatin by covering it with cold water ( just enough to cover)
- Remove from heat and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in gelatin until melted.
- Freeze in molds until solid, up to 24 hours.
- Heat ½ cup of cream to a simmer.
- Pour over chocolate chips and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Stir gently until combined.
- Add violet flavor and coloring to your taste and liking.
- Take the remaining cream and whip until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Fold into chocolate/violet mixture.
- Fill molds ⅓ full with mousse.
- Add the strawberry gel.
- Fill remaining with mousse.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Enjoy with strawberries or other fruit.