Mont d’Or Cheese Soup
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 roll of 2 slices of day old bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheese
- ½ onion, sliced thin
- ` cup of vegetable stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Soak bread in milk.
- Heat on low and add cheese atop soaked bread.
- In Another pan saute onions until soft.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Once boiled add liquid and onions to the cheese and milk mixture.
- Bring to a simmer so the cheese can melt.
- Season and serve.
Great with winter vegetables.
Latest posts by Alpenwild (see all)
- Swiss Tradition from the Alps to the Sierras - December 8, 2022
- Felchin Chocolate: The Best Chocolate in The World - April 2, 2019
- Gnocchi with Nettles - February 26, 2019