Sweetmeat is a great recipe for brunch. Emmental is a yellow medium-hard Swiss cheese that originated in Emmental Canton Bern in Switzerland. It has a mild but very mild taste. There are similar cheese found around in the world in France and Finland.
Make this amazing recipe of sweetmeat and discover the deliciousness of Emmental.
Switzerland’s Finest: Sweetmeat with Emmentaler
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes | Total Time 25 minutes
1 rectangular, rolled out piece of butter puff pastry dough of 340g
- 150 g of finely diced Emmentaler cheese
- 1 finely diced boiled potato
- 1 onion, grated with a muesli grater
- 1 tbs of freshly grated horseradish
- 1 bunch of finely chopped chives
- 2 tbs of half cream
- Salt and pepper
- A little whisked egg white
- 1 egg yolk whisked in with 1tbs of single cream for brushing on.
- Some chives for garnish
- Sliced kumquats and cloves
- Combine the filling together in a bowl.
- Cut dough to desired size.
- Fill dough with filling roll up and pinch sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and other herbs.